LINBPQ BBS - kantronics style mailbox?

  • zl1lw
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 15, 2013
      Hi Guys,

      I have setup a LinBPQ BBS and its intended use is to enable the LinBPQ node users to only leave the node sysop a message. ( I really do not need a full function BBS, only a kantronics style mailbox)

      Can I setup something like a kantronics style mailbox using the linbpq mail function (Not a full function BBS)?

      if not,
      1) How can I stop the bbs system from registering new "users" apart from putting the whole of our call book into the BBS config file?

      2) I would also like to know how to get rid of the route error message after a new message was entered. eg. "@BBS specified, but no forwarding info is available - msg may not be delivered"

      3) What is the function of the PMS tick in the box as it does not seem to do anything?

      4) How do I customize or get rid of the goodbye message?

      Regards

      Hannes
      ZL1LW
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 15, 2013
        Hannes

        Answer to first - depends what you mean by somethink like - if you mean exactly the same, then no.

        Other points

        1 You cant. The system does have an option for users to be able to leave a message without being registered, but that only works with RMS Express users, but it could be extended to any users. But wat is the problem with them being resgistered?

        2 If this is only for users to enter messages to SYSOP, then they wont have an @bbs, so wont generate the warning. If you want them to enter message to your callsign and have them delivered to your normal packet mailbox, then you will have a route to that, and again you wont get the message.

        3 PMS allows a winpack user to do compressed forwarding without being defined as a bbs.

        4 The goodbye message is fixed.

        73, John