RE: [BPQ32] [LinBPQ] DIRMES.SYS and Mail files ..

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 13, 2013

      That’s a good point – hadn’t thought of that – in other words, delete Mail/files as far as up to say the latest DIRMES.BAK or even DIRMES.BAK.1 possibly … When you have done the fix, please let us know how far back you will delete – reason is that I wrote a Perl script to delete any *.BAK.? file (called every six hours) – in effect this kept just the .BAK files and the directory looks ‘tidy’ – to me anyway *Grin … Once I know, I’ll know how far I can auto delete BAK? Files … In the config on the web manager, one can apparently select to delete backup logs over so many days – I don’t think that works, hence why I wrote my script …

      Regarding the storing of message files – what happens with your present rationale in keeping the files, when you have a default top limit of 60 000 … That’s a hell of a lot of files to store in one directory – not sure if Linux can handle that many files in a directory … And what happens when the limit is reached – would it automatically write over the original files, starting at number 1 – it starts to get messy and difficult to manually manage I think and imagine a corrupted DIRMES.SYS file …

      As it stands, LinBPQ has it quirks and lacks a few nice to have functions, but overall, a very nice bit of software and its quite mean and lean …

      73, Dick ZS6RO