9783RE: [BPQ32] [LinBPQ]

  • Richard
    Feb 24, 2013

      Thanks John, looking forward to that version .. Would there be a way of something similar to FBB where a directory is also used to hold a text file which gets ‘sucked’ into LinBPQ?? .. Why I ask is that I have written PHP and Perl scripts to automate a lot of things, using a ‘mail.in’ directory ..  Must admit I also have scripts for telnet sessions (much cleaner) which connect and pass text to FBB – works well – and FBB doesn’t require that the connection must be from a BBS – a user can connect and upload a text file …

      73, Dick ZS6RO

      The windows version had an import option. It isn't in the current LinBPQ, but will be in the next version.

      73, John

      I would like to ‘import’ messages/bulletins from ASCII text files which were created by a LinFBB BBS (ZS0MEE) to LinBPQ .. The only way I can see it being done is by a telnet session to LinBPQ .. In FBB one can copy a suitable text file to a directory and on the next minute FBB will ‘suck’ the contents of the text file into its system ..

      But when I do try a telnet session, LinBPQ complains that I must be a BBS !! .. The very first line e.g. “SB SARL @ ZAF $ENG20130224 < ZS0MEE” is what triggers the error message .  Apparently the “<” is the culprit ..

      I can log into LinBPQ with a telnet session but when I try typing ‘[BPQ-6.0.0.85-IHJM$]’ to fool LinBPQ into thinking I am a BBS, LinBPQ isn’t fooled !! …

      Any thoughts on this problem ???

      73, Dick ZS6RO

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic