9772Re: [BPQ32] Re: LinBPQ

  • K.O. Higgs
    Feb 23, 2013
      "SYSTEM" in the WP file could be caused by some sysop trying to get "system" messages forwarded to another bbs.

      K.O. n0kfq
      On 2/23/2013 2:49 PM, Richard wrote:

      If ‘SYSTEM’ is part of *that* WinBPQ or LinBPQ Node/BBS, shouldn’t it be treated as ‘internal’ - by that I mean, that ‘SYSTEM’ should only relate to the BPQ Node/BBS its on – in my opinion it shouldn’t appear in the WP pages … And if it has to be  ‘SYSTEM@...’, shouldn’t the ‘xxx.yyy.zzz’ be picked up from the configuration parameters and thus set in concrete ??

      73, Dick ZS6RO (ZS0MEE)

      Yes, I think I need to add more validation to incoming WP messages.

      John

      I have been having the same problem in the Windows version. I have been periodically checking WPs and deleting the SYSTEM entry, as well as several other obviously corrupted entries that keep appearing.

      --

      K.O. Higgs
      n0kfq@...

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic