9740Re: [BPQ32] 02-15-13 - WINDOWS BPQ VERSION

  • Miroslav Skoric
    Feb 20, 2013
      On 2/18/2013 3:36 PM, Charles Brabham wrote:

      > I find that the DOS versions of BPQ node is superior to the Windows version as far as remote access and maintanence is concerned. It also works well with PC-104 form industrial mini-computers, so I can have a remote node system with no moving or rotating parts that can handle heat, dust, etc.. They are pretty well bulletproof, have a built-in WatchDog function, and require very little power, a serious consideration if solar power is to be utilized at the node site.

      If possible, I would like to see more details about using industrial
      mini-computers in particular packet networks (Eg. comp brand & model,
      location altitude, power supply stability, frequencies & radios
      connected, additional system enclosure, etc.)

      Regards,
      Misko
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic