      From: Peter - ZL2BAU <peter.zl2bau@...>
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, January 11, 2013 10:11 PM
      Subject: [BPQ32] USB to Serial ?

      Hi John and group,

      Not really on topic but I can not go past the wealth of knowledge.

      This may very well interest others.

      I have been busy trying to get my Dumb MoDems ( Baycom type ) to run
      with Linux, I have now done this, ( not an easy task I must say ) and as
      I only have the one serial port ( DB9 ) I need to look at USB to Serial
      converters ( so to speak ).

      I have seen the odd posts about ones that work as they should and others
      that do not, my question is, does anyone know or has experience of such
      items that appear to be available at quite cheap prices.

      The only thing is that some specify what pin outs are available and as I
      require the following, CTS (Rxd), DTR (Txd) and RTS (PTT) it is hard to
      find which ones support these pins to drive the MoDem.

      I am using "Ubuntu 10.04 LTS" and the "baycom_ser_hdx mode" driver for

      Regards ..... Peter

      ZL2BAU - Waimate BBS - South Canterbury APRS iGate

      Located In - Waimate - South Island - New Zealand
      Grid Location : RE55MG ( 44.44.26S / 171.03.23E )
      New Zealand / World Wide Telnet BBS Forwarding
      E-Mail : peter.zl2bau@...
      Packet Mail : ZL2BAU @ ZL2BAU.#79.NZL.OC
      NZART Member Number : 104431
      Internet BBS : telnet://zl2bau.dyndns.org:6303
      Internet Node : telnet://zl2bau.dyndns.org
      Internet Node Call : BAUNOD:ZL2BAU-3 (
      Xrouter HTTP Web Server : http://zl2bau.dyndns.org
      BBS HTTP Web Server : http://zl2bau.dyndns.org:82
      BPQ32 HTTP Web Server : http//zl2bau.dyndns.org:8083
      Xrouter Chat Server : telnet://zl2bau.dyndns.org:3600
      Xrouter APRS Server : telnet://zl2bau.dyndns.org:1448
      Tcp/Ip Routing : (
      Default UDP Port : 93 (Other ports to suite)

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic