      I run BPQMailChat off the node for a PMS and retrieve my mail from another BBS by polling, that I connect to. The sysop of that bbs set me up as a BBS for my mail and bulletins I request. If you don't have it running already for another purpose, that would be in my opinion, the easiest way to go.
      73
      Dave WB2HVF

      On 12/30/2012 11:31 AM, Mike wrote:

      E-Mailed Direct

      Mike N9PMO
      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      zl4ax
      Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2012 1:37 AM
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BPQ32] How Do I Create a PMS in BPQ32 ?

      Please can anyone assist me with step-by-step instructions how to create
      a PMS within my BPQ32 Node?
      I'm currently running my Node with a single radio port, and a
      stand-alone radio-linked PMS on a TNC in the house, with it's own
      seperate radio and power supply.
      Needless to say, my power bill is getting out-of-control, and I need to
      move the PMS into the main BPQ32 computer system, so I can turn off my
      wasteful external mailbox.

      I have no technical or computer knowledge. I've confronted this task
      previously, and been defeated. When I've asked for help before, I
      received excellent helpful replies, but all too detailed and in-depth
      technical to understand.

      Please could anyone actually tell me simple step-by-step instructions
      how to set up a PMS within my BPQ32 Node? I just need it spelled out to
      me as if you were talking to a child who's never done this before, and
      needs every point explained.

      This must be the best place in the world to find help. I just need to
      hook up with someone very patient. Please help.

      Many thanks
      Paul ZL4AX New Zealand

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic