      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of k9drh@...
      Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 12:37 AM
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BPQ32] Re: Sub-Addressing on iPage web hosting site

      sub-addressing is basiclly tagging an email address.
      example k9drh@... with a sub-address that can be filtered on k9drh+w1aw@....

      From Wikipedia and RFC 5321
      Some mail services allow a user to append a tag to their email address (e.g., where joeuser@... is the main address, which would also accept mail for joeuser+work@... or joeuser-family@...). The text of tag may be used to apply filtering and to create single-use addresses. Some IETF standards-track documents, such as RFC 5233 refer to this convention as "sub-addressing".

      Hope this answers your question.

      I did recieve an email late last night from some tech at iPage stating that they will be upgrading thier email server but could not give me a ETA on when it would be done but that he would notify me.

      73
      Dave K9DRH

      > Maybe I do not understand sub-addressing and may not be using it. iPage has
      > been most stable for me.. Others have suspended my acct because I use it for
      > Business and Pleasure. i.e. business sites and personal and hamradio.
      >
      > With that said.
      >
      > So my question what is Sub-addressing???
      >

      > Thanks Jerry

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic