9371Re: BPQ32 crashing and web/telnet server behaviour

  • wavetel1
    Nov 28, 2012
      Ive allowed some time to reveal what is going on with this. I closed the forwards on the router for the Telnet and Http port initially and found that BPQ32 became much much more stable.
      After a week or so I opened up the Telnet ports only again in the forwards. I was also in the mean time using the Telnet ports on the LAN quite a bit. I found no problem with this at all. It would not crash. All this time I have avoided the Http Port completely.

      Today I ventured into the Http port for the first time in a couple of weeks. And sure enough I crashed BPQ32 consistantly.
      I tried IE and Google Chrome Portable as well as Firefox 15 and 16.

      The common denominator (only one to crash BPQ32) was Firefox 15 and 16.
      I have since upgraded to Firefox 17 and have not managed to crash BPQ32 yet. To get it to crash I had to go into the terminal and make an outbound connect using FF15 or 16 . Not long after that it would just freeze up BPQ completely.

      Off the subject perhaps but I have also experienced issues with Firefox of late on router logins. Its been a issue for a while it seems. I tend to think Firefox is broke a bit of late.
      http://www.billion.uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=551

      None the less it seems that its possible that Browsers can send something to to BPQ that is pretty catastrophic.

      Tony VK5AH

      > Tony,
      >
      > It is possible there is something that firefox is sending that is upsetting
      > it.I'll try it here with forefox and see what happens, In the meantime it
      > might be worth removing the httpport (or at least port forwarding for that
      > port), and see if everything else works ok.
      >
      > I have occasionally seen the monitor not working in TermTCP, but not often
      > enough to track down the cause. The"Monitor UI only" option is there to
      > remove other monitoring on a channel with both ui and connected traffic. It
      > wont make any difference on an APRS-only channel.
      >
      > 73, John
      >
      > _____

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic