9299RE: [BPQ32] Re: 9600 baud packet instability

  • Mike
    Nov 15, 2012
      I use a Kantronics 9612 with a 19200 Baud serial link, the serial link
      must be
      Higher then the Radio speed.

      I modified a Motorola Syntor UHF 55 watt radio for 9600 BUAD
      Paclen 236, Maxframe 2, Frack 3000, response 1000, TXD 150

      Many radios that claim to be 9600 BUAD have a very slow turn around time
      TX/RX many are higher then 300ms Alinco happens to be one of those

      The only radio I have seen with a good turn around time is the Kenwood
      It is always good idea to look at the ARRL test specs.

      The data cable usually has one connection for 1200 Baud and 1 for 9600
      As well as the radio settings, the radio needs to have a very flat
      For FSK transmission, do not use the Mic plug as a FSK connection
      It will never work.

      Hope this is some help.

      Mike N9PMO
      BPQ32 Group Moderator