9294Re: [BPQ32] 9600 baud packet instability

  • Jim
    Nov 15, 2012
      Yes deviation and modulation acceptance in the receiver is another determining factor. In other words if you can not receive what is the use!

      With the g3ruh modems there is a procedure of setting deviation and measuring the time between dropped rx packets. If you can find some with a 2 way radio shop maybe he can help you I bought a Agilent 8924C a few years back that works well for this it was a cell phone test box but also has analog test functions and will measure SINAD directly on a monitor screen.

      I connected the radios in pairs and terminated the tx and tx units and found my best deviation was around 2.7khz. That was with GE delta radios. I ran a system from Pensacola to Dickenson tax and it would do a ping in 3 seconds.

      Jim
      Sent from my iPhone

      On Nov 14, 2012, at 17:51, "N9ACQ" <n9acq@...> wrote:

      Jeff

                      The biggest problem with 9600 is deviation. Both ends should be around 3 Khz. 9600 also need to bypass all audio amplifiers and filters on both transmit and receive. A deviation meter really is needed to set the proper audio level to the radio. The other thing is what is the S meter reading on receive?

      73 Bill

      N9ACQ

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic