      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of neocharles_kk4hok
      Sent: 04 November 2012 18:45
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BPQ32] Re: Invalid Command when Connecting via WinPack

      Okay - That makes sense (having to connect to switch first). Is there some way to when I type c ____ it can automatically connect to switch and then whatever station I typed in? Or will it always have to be done as two separate steps (unless I have it scripted in something like the Auto BBS function)? Or would this be something I should search more with a WinPack support group?

      Thanks!

      > Charles,
      >
      > With
      the DED mode interface used by Winpack, the fiist connect is always to

      the node, So you need a second connect to get to the bbs, A typical script
      > is
      >
      > SEND c switch
      > WAITCON
      > SEND c
      $BBS
      > WAITPROMPT
      >
      > 73, John
      >
      > _____

      [BPQ32] Invalid Command when Connecting via WinPack

      > I am extremely new to using BPQ32 and had some
      assistance from a fellow ham
      > in getting it configured.

      I am up and running, however, I am noticing one quirk that - to be honest -
      > I am unsure of whether or not it's supposed to even work this way or
      not.

      > Whenever I open Winpack, and I try to connect right to a
      node/callsign, it
      > does not work. Below is what happens
      >

      > c lscbbs
      > Connect
      > cmd:(1) CONNECTED to SWITCH
      >
      > MONHOK:KK4HOK-7} Invalid command - Enter ? for command list
      >

      > Could someone possibly point me in the right direction on A)
      Is this even
      > supposed to work or not, and B) If so, where am I possibly
      experiencing the
      > issue?
      >
      > Thanks!
      > 73