      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of k1jtc
      Sent: 02 November 2012 16:21
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BPQ32] Re: outpost and logging into bbs automatically

      Ok so I have Outpost working on the same computer connecting through telnet. Comes up to bbs and sends and receives messages. My buddy who is trying to use outpost to connect through the air gets stopped at the CTEXT. He has to type in BBS to access the BBS if he connects with a terminal mode. Outpost stops at the ctext and will not enter BBS command. tried to use user defined prompts in outpost but didn't work. Any other ideas. This is part of my config with callsign and alias.

      NODECALL=K1JTC-10 ; Node callsign
      NODEALIAS=ANTBBS ; Node alias (6 characters max)

      Thanks for your help in advance.
      Jeff

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Dave <druliefw@...> wrote:

      > Click "SETUP"
      > Click
      "BBS"
      > Click "BBS PATH"
      > Click "KA NODE"
      > Click
      "Setup/Update Path"

      Bird wrote:
      > > It sounds like you are entering through the node rather
      than directly
      > > to the BBS. Do you have a separate callsign alias
      for the BBS and are
      > > you able to connect directly to the BBS during
      a normal session? Make
      > > sure the alias is defined in the Outpost
      BBS definition.

      > > It works great in my configuration
      with Outpost telnet.

      k1jtc <jeffrey.t.clark@...>

      *Sent:* Friday, November 2, 2012 12:38 AM
      > > *Subject:* [BPQ32]
      outpost and logging into bbs automatically

      > > I can
      connect to the BBS using outpost but it wants me to type in the

      BBS command so I can send messages. Is there a way to automate this?
      > > Sorry for the simple questions but I have been searching to find a way
      > > to do this.
      > >
      > > 73

      k1jtc

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic