9129Re: AGWtoBPQ Crash

  • wavetel1
    Oct 7, 2012
      Just a note on this one.. Over the last couple of weeks or so Ive been battling with AGWtoBPQ crashing. This seems to be from around the time I upgraded to the latest version of BPQ v5.2.9.1. I think the DLL was replaced along with some other minor changes. I remember the installer seemed to remove and change file locations of many things as it installed.
      Currently Ive gone back to AGW as a replacment to see if the issue lies elsewhere in the system and so far no crashes.
      I run Windows XP with AGWtoBPQ on the standard Port 8000. I am just using Ui-View32 and JavAPRSsrvr with APRS on a single VHF Port currently with a TNC-X .
      I might have to go back to the previous version of BPQ and see if that is stable. This could be the next move.
      As far as the crash goes I wonder if there are any useful bits of info I can capture. When it crashes the Tray Icon ceases to respond and I have to use the Task Manager to stop BPQ32 and AGWtoBPQ exe's . After that I can run them again ok and the COM port works fine.
      When it crashes the WinSock 8000 port still appears to be there as the programes do not complain about the lack of WinSock however it does not pass any frames to the TNC in either direction.

      Any ideas anyone ? Regards Tony VK5AH

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

      > Joachim,
      >
      > Does agwtobpq crash if you run one of the programs at a time?
      >
      > Do you get any error messages from agwtobpq?
      >
      > 73, John G8BPQ
      >
      > joachimnienstedt <joachimnienstedt@...> wrote:
      >
      > >Hi John and others
      > >my english is not so good but I want to try to explain my problem.
      > >I have installed BPQ32 5.2.91 on my PC. For some programs I want to use the AGWtoBPQ.exe.
      > >The programs are WPP (Windows Packet Program), AGWTracker, Paxon, etc. They are currently working very well with the AGWPE.
      > >Unfortunately the AGWtoBPQ crashes after some time when i use one of my Packet programs. I tried it on different machines with different operating systems. Desktop PC with Windows 2008 Server RC2 64bit, Notebook with Windows XP Professional 32bit, Windows XP Professional 32bit on a virtual machine. The time to the crash is different. Times only a few seconds / minutes and then it works sometimes 30 minutes. If I myself connect to other Stations the crash comes sooner than when I receive only. AQWtoBPQ is configured on port 8001 with 6 streams and APPLMask 0x6 for Application 2 and 3.
      > >I hope there is a solution to my problem, because I would like to use the BPQ32.
      > >55/73 Joachim

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic