9096Re: [BPQ32] Receiving FRMR Frames, Unrecognized Data on Transmit?

  • K.O. Higgs
    Oct 1, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 2 KB
    I am using a KAMXL with BPQ32 and enclosed is the setup I use. Perhaps you can find something useful here.

    73,  K.O. n0kfq

    On 10/1/2012 7:09 AM, james_nf8i wrote:

    Hello all,

    I seem to be having trouble with the transmit data from the BPQ node I'm trying to set up. The TNC is a Kantronics KAM XL, which I'm trying to interface with BPQ in KISS mode for 2m Packet. The eventual goal is to host an RMS node, a BBS, and whatever else might eventually seem useful.

    When it is in normal "command" mode, everything seems to work fine. Running through BPQ, there seems to be a lot of bad data going out, although I can't seem to figure out exactly what is bad about it. When I try to connect to a distant RMS node (which works fine without BPQ), I can get one command to work, then any other command I send is "Command Not Recognized".

    If I connect to a distant TNC just running on CONVERS mode, it doesn't even get that far. Two different TNCs start sending "FRMR" frames to me as soon as I try to connect. If they connect to me, it looks on my end like everything is fine, but as soon as BPQ sends any packets, the FRMR frames are sent back.

    Any advice or insight?

    Thanks and 73,

    James, NF8I

    =================