      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of wavetel1
      Sent: 17 August 2012 13:24
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BPQ32] Re: BPQTermTCP Keepalive

      John,

      Ive still been experimenting with the Remote telnet and timeout.
      Its a bit difficult at present as I am on holidays now. Back home is the BPQ node. Before I left I increased the Idletime from IDLETIME=420 to 1800. This seems to keep me connected to the Node remotely something like 3-4 hours now which is pretty good.

      I see you have done some changes for the TNC-x in the latest version. Can you explain what this is about in a bit more detail as I seem to have issues with my TNC-x locking up and not recieving every few days. This is probably not a new problem since the new version of BPQ but likely a new problem since I changed the setup recently to a new machine with a different OS. It was running beautifully under Windows ME very stable and now Ive gone across to XP.
      This is All I could find in the changelog but maybee its of interest to me. The TNC-x is running via USB.

      Add TNCX KISSOPTION for TNC-X BPQKISS software (includes the ACKMODE bytes in the checksum)

      Any clues John ? Regards
      Tony VK5AH

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "wavetel1" <wavetel@...> wrote:

      > John,
      >
      > Its about 10 mins or less. This happens on 2 systems both admitedly with
      as good as identical configs. Perhaps there is a non acticity timer of sorts thats comming into play. My config could have something in there as it has been a slow morph originally starting from BPQ16 .

      > Another odd thing Ive found is that on connection I dont actually start to
      receive frames (displayed on the upper screen) until I make an outbound connect then disconnect and then reconnect to the BPQ32 Host. Then it seems to receive ok without having to connect.

      > Just timed the Disconnect. Its 7 mins and 45 seconds or thereabouts. One
      thing that almost fits that is my setting for IDLETIME=420.
      > I did find something about this that you fixed a while back with Fix
      resetting IDLE Timer on Pactor/WINMOR session. Also Send L3 Keepalive messages (KEEPLI) based on IDLETIME