      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of David Bird
      Sent: 12 August 2012 04:49
      To: bpq32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BPQ32] 08-11-12 - DUAL RADIO PORT TNC OPERATIONS

      I have several MFJ-1278 TNC with two radio ports. I have been reading the documentation that shows how to configure a Channel-A and a Channel-B. However, I do not understand how those radio ports would work. At least on the 1278, only one radio port is active at a time. If both ports are configured in BPQ, how are the radio ports selected? Is one port like a master? I can understand how a connection could be made through either port using the channel number. But what happens after a channel has been selected and the connection ends? It seems to me that the unselected port is essentially isolated from the system?

      Can someone help my ignorance? I see the possibility to perform cross-channel connections but I need to understand how that would work.

      Thanks again for all the great help and suggestions,
      73, Dave
      WA7RYV

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic