      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of wavetel1
      Sent: 09 August 2012 04:24
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ32_5.2.8.1_20120808 including BPQAPRS is now available.

      Thanks John and Ron

      I just upgraded from 5.2.7 .. The first thing I noticed was trying to check the version number didnt work. I went into the BPQ32 Console from the Tray and Clicked Help . Nothing happens at that point. Also sometimes at this point sometimes both the Edit and Help Menu options dissapear completely from the Top menu Bar.

      Also Ive been playing with BPQ term Tcpip . This is great but if I just sit there and try to use it for remote monitoring it seems to time out and disconnect. Is there a way to stop this or have a "Keep Alive" option ?

      Regards
      Tony VK5AH

      > Thanks, Ron.

      This is primarily a bug-fix release, with a couple of minor enhancements. If

      _____

      [BPQ32] BPQ32_5.2.8.1_20120808 including BPQAPRS is now available.

      > A new release, BPQ32 5.2.8.1_20120808, for
      Windows, is available for
      href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BPQ32/">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BPQ32/>

      > This release updates BPQ32.dll, BPQMailChat.exe and
      BPQAPRS.exe.

      > BPQAPRS is an APRS mapping and messaging
      application first introduced in
      > BPQ32_5.2.4.1_20120130. BPQAPRS at its
      current state of development is a
      > viable replacement for UIView32 for
      many users and in addition is under
      > active development to add additional
      capability. The BPQ32 digipeater is
      href="http://www.aprs.org/fix14439.html">http://www.aprs.org/fix14439.html> Paradigm " compliant and
      > provides enough objects to fully support the
      Local Info
      href="http://www.aprs.org/localinfo.html">http://www.aprs.org/localinfo.html> Initiative. A configuration example
      > is provided to quickly get you 'on
      the air'. The BPQAPRS program provides
      > mapping using the on-line
      OpenStreetMap <http://www.openstreetmap.org/>

      and reliable messaging, to the degree this is possible, with the existing
      > infrastructure.
      >
      > As a reminder, you must have
      all of your configuration in BPQ32.cfg.

      BPQ32_5.2.1.3_20111 018,was the last to support both the new method, all the
      href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BPQ32/">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BPQ32/> BPQ32 Yahoo Group, and make the
      > changes to your configuration using that
      version. Once successful, the
      > subsequent upgrade to the new
      BPQ32_5.2.7.1_20120608 should proceed with
      > ease.
      >
      > My
      installer is also capable of converting an existing non-compliant

      installation to a Microsoft compliant installation. In brief, Microsoft has
      > been, since the introduction of Windows XP, recommending that
      an
      > installation be split in to a "program files" part and an
      "application data"
      > part. This was not enforced in Windows XP but it is
      being enforced in Vista
      > and Windows 7. Many programs have been installed
      in the root, such as
      > C:\Ham Programs to get around this recommendation,
      but the result is
      > annoying UAC popups...'do you really trust this
      program' etc. If you have
      > used this workaround, you can, after
      installing this most recent release, do
      > an uninstall, which will
      preserve your configuration, and then do a
      > reinstall taking all the
      defaults. The result will be to divide your
      > installation properly into
      %programfiles%\bpq32 and %appdata%\bpq32.

      > Help will be
      available in the users group should you have questions.

      > The
      changelog is here:
      > <
      href="http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQ32%20Installation.htm">http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQ32%20Installation.htm

      #Changelog>

      href="http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQ32%20Installation.htm#">http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQ32%20Installation.htm#

      Changelog

      > Thanks to John Wiseman G8BPQ/GM8BPQ for his tireless
      work enhancing BPQ32!

      > 73 de Ron Stordahl, AE5E (ex
      N5IN)

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic