    Jul 1, 2012
      I confirmed that long lines from Outpost were crashing BPQ as well. The new code seems to have fixed the long lines from Outpost. I tested a msg with almost 3k in a single line with no crash.

      Ken

      On 07/01/2012 02:07 PM, John Wiseman wrote:

      Thanks, Steve.

      That is encouraging. Can you try this? - it should fix the problem with long lines.

      Remember bpq32.dll goes in the system32 folder.

      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of kb1tce
      Sent: 01 July 2012 19:17
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BPQ32] Re: Winmor TNC Whack-a-Mole (Outpost Issue?)

      Well John, we're now thinking that's it.

      We checked one of the messages from our "crasher" and it consisted of two lines. The second line by itself was about 500 words and 1000 bytes.

      That message was crashing W0ECM's local BPQ32 when sending from Outpost. He had received it ok (by HF/Winmor) but when he tried to forward it to me he got the crash. He then inserted a pile of carriage returns and everything went fine.

      We were fooling ourselves with the brief test messages on Outpost 2.4 because we didn't have messages that contained the real problem.

      Hopefully that's it as far as the diagnosis goes. I would be quite willing to try your test version that addresses this.

      73,
      Steve KB1TCE