    Jun 30, 2012
      Very interesting...as I use Outpost regularly with BPQ via telnet....all are the latest versions. I just tested yet another message being sent from Outpost without error or crash.

      Ken KD6PGI

      On 06/30/2012 08:36 PM, Alpacas wrote:

      I had the other instance of failure.  My load was 2.6 c27 and it crashed BPQ anytime I did a send/receive from Outpost WITH A MESSAGE IN THE OUTBOX.  If I did the send/receive with NO message in the outbox it did not crash BPQ.
      Back to 2.4 right now and all is well.
      Jess  W0ECM
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2012 8:53 PM
      Subject: Re: [BPQ32] Re: Winmor TNC Whack-a-Mole (Outpost Issue?)

      Hi Steve,

      Did the party go to the Outpost website and re-download the very latest version Outpost??? The first release of version 2.6 had an issue with telnet into BPQ. The latest release of Outpost 2.6c027
      should have fixed the telnet issue....

      Ken KD6PGI

      On 06/30/2012 01:12 PM, kb1tce wrote:

      Here's a quick update. The party who was causing the crashes when connecting via telnet to my BPQ32 BBS was using Outpost 2.6, the latest version. I use 2.4. I had him uninstall 2.6 and install 2.4. The problem seems to have gone away. We did multiple messages back and forth with no issue. Not overly scientific as there are no error logs and maybe he had an issue with his original install.

      That said, W0ECM was running 2.5 locally with his BBS and seeing BPQ32 crashes when sending messages from his outbox. This AM he installed 2.6 and saw the same issue. This afternoon he did a full uninstall and then installed the older Outpost 2.4. Problem seems to have gone away.

      Is anyone using Outpost with their BPQ32 installation and seeing anything similar with the more recent versions of Outpost?

      Steve KB1TCE

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic