8506Re: [BPQ32] Is this the proper S/W to use

  • Jay WS7I
    May 5, 2012
      Short answer is yes.  But while perhaps unknown to you there are a lot of systems in N. Idaho or reachable from N. Idaho.  The IEVHF club has a RMS on MT. Spokane 145.090 WR7VHF-4 at 5,500 ft.  Which has wr7vhf-10 a RMS on it.  See http://home.earthlink.net/~k7bfl/EWA_NID_EOR.pdf  Also see http://vhfclub.org/

      KC7ODP-10 is also on my frequency and you can most likely talk to Kootenai County ARES.

      My entire system on the Ham side is only for ARES/RACES usage so their are systems around.

      But perhaps RMS Relay with RMS Express would be as easy for you to use.  They have just changed that and it can operate radio only.

      Problem with ARES/RACES only systems is that they don't get much usage so people often tire of burning computer and electricity to keep them going.

      Jay WS7I

      On 5/4/2012 7:43 PM, kirkdehaan wrote:

      I am new to using BPQ and have not gotten it up and running yet. That is only for lack of some understanding on my part. That I will work through. What I would like to know is this the proper S/W for what I have in mind, before I get too involved?

      I am an ARES member here in N. Idaho and am thinking of having an installation on a laptop for use during incidents. The intent is to have a place to leave data messages that need to be passed via RMS Express to the outside. We do not have a connection here to a local Winlink node so must use HF and will have one station handling that traffic. Hope to remedy that in the future.

      It would also be nice to have a place to have general message from non ARES members that may be inquiring about status, etc.

      Will the BPQMailChat app fit this need? I have cruised the messages and haven't really seen any appropriate answer.

      N6SXR - Kirk

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic