8494RE: [BPQ32] housekeeping error

    May 3, 2012

      Mark,

      The software is trying to renumber all massages starting from 1, as you have reached the max message number configured in the housekeeping setup. There is a message file with number 1 in the BPQMailchat/Mail folder, so it can’t rename the file.  Files can sometimes get left there, even when the message directory entry has been deleted. There may be other stray message iles about, so delete any with numbers below the lowest number currently in use on the BBS.

      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Mark
      Sent: 03 May 2012 17:22
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BPQ32] housekeeping error

      My mailbox isn't working right. When housekeeping,
      I get an error message that says:

      "could not rename message no XXXXX to 1, quitting"

      I have taken down the program and downloaded a clean
      latest version and reinstalled it...no change.

      Everything else seems to be working OK, just the
      housekeeping cycle has something wrong. I am using
      Windows VISTA Home Premium.

      Anybody got any ideas?

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic