8482Re: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ Buffer sizes?

  • Peter - ZL2BAU
    Apr 30, 2012
      On 01/05/12 00:33, bolt637 wrote:

      > Steven,
      >

      > Could you give a few more details of what you are doing? I'm confused about
      > how Airmail fits into forwarding from WinFBB.
      >

      > Thanks,
      >
      > John

      Sure. I mentioned airmail because that is the APP I was using when
      I first noticed the buffers are large. I was using airmail to bpq
      using the hostmodes program, and bpq to a 1200bd tnc via KISS.
      To test the VHF path I tried to send a message with a 30k
      attachment. The "Bytes sent" indicator on airmail went from 0 bytes
      to "finished" in about 15 seconds. The message ended
      up uploading okay, but I suspect it was uploading from the
      buffers in BPQ.

      Fast forward to my current problem, I am using FBB with
      the TFWIN interface and the uz7ho soundmodem. If my BBS
      offers, say, 5 messages and the other BBS says it wants
      them, my FBB does the same thing as airmail. On HF
      300 bauds it can take quite some time for those messages to
      get across and after 15 minutes FBB closes the connection because it thinks
      it has timed out. But the data is still being forwarded from
      BPQ's buffers. I have looked for a timeout setting in FBB
      but cannot find one. I was wondering if the buffer sizes
      are adjustable in bpq so I could bring them down to say, 1K or so.

      Steven

      Hi Steven,

                     Have a look in your *INIT.SRV* file for the following line which sets *Timeout*, for HF, you maybe need to set the values somewhere up towards 30 minutes.

      #
      # Time-out for normal users / forward
      #
      timeout = 30 30