      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jerry
      Sent: 04 April 2012 23:40
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [BPQ32] Kiss TNC-X

      I want to thank those who helped me with this.  I received two flavors of script for the TNC-X and they both worked.  Thank you.

      I changed  the J1 and J2 jumpers on the TNC-X to 9600 baud.  Some old project must have had me at the 1200.  I also connected to the serial port to keep it simple stupid for me and not get into the issues of USB to Serial adapters.  I can later try to connect using the adapter.  But the serial port keeps the guessing out of it for now.

      I did a complete reinstall by deleting all reference to BPQ32 in the registry and on the C drive.

      I was able to connect to anoth er station and monitor the freq. which was excellent! J

      I copied my OSM directory to the location required by BPQ32 and the maps came up fine.  Still think an improvement would be to be able to point to a path and use that path rather than having dual directories to save drive space.

      Question:  How do I get my station out of  Africa?  I thought the lats and the longs placed in the Locator area might be what trips this for BPQ32APRS?  It just might and I just have the lats and longs format written in the wrong way.  Example shown for the Locator is a little sketchy as it shows right now in the BPQ32.cfg file.  Not sure if there is a “/R 21; you enter between the “nn”

      Question:  I do not have a node setup right.  I click on BPQ32Nodes.exe and it goes to the Dos screen but then closes.  I also need to understand Quality I think to do a node.

      Thanks for the help on getting me started and glad to be able to make some packets with BPQ32.

      Jerry N7YGE.