8033Re: [BPQ32] BPQ32 and 44.* addresses

  • Miroslav Skoric
    Mar 15, 2012
      On 3/15/2012 12:44 AM, Bill Vodall wrote:

      > I'd suggest that the primary reason to use 44.* addresses would be if
      > you wanted to do TCP on AX25 on the air AND connect it back to the
      > world wide 44 systems with a tunnel. Other than that it's just like
      > using one of the non-routed segments (192.168.*). It might even be
      > adding confusion if you're using a 44 number that should be reachable
      > from the Internet or other 44 net stations and it isn't available.

      I agree with that, but I don't know why Linuxhams list members advised
      me to use 44.* instead of 192.168.* and if that change would remove
      annoying ARP requests that Linux FPAC node sends to BPQ32 nodes in the
      wired LAN. At the moment I do not plan doing any TCP on AX25 on the air,
      etc. (It is just experimenting in the LAN.) Any idea?

      Misko
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic