794RE: [BPQ32] Network card in Windows XP with BPQ32

    Oct 6, 2007
      Hi Misco,

      I think this is caused by running without admin rights in XP. It seems that only admin uses can use raw sockets, as used by AX/IP. You could try either switching to  AX/UDP, or runing bpq32  as an administrator.

      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Miroslav Skoric (YT7MPB)
      Sent: 06 October 2007 17:28
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BPQ32] Network card in Windows XP with BPQ32

      Hi,

      Recently I changed the NIC in my computer, in order to enable Windows XP
      to use it. (Earlier it was a NE2000 clone ISA card that Windows 2000
      recognized, but XP did not. Now it is a 3C905 PCI one which both OS's
      can install.) The problem is that under Windows 2000 (multi-boot
      computer) BPQ32 uses the card without problems /as it did before with
      the old card/, but under Windows XP I get a message "Bind Failed for RAW
      socket - error code = 10013". Btw, the local area network between that
      computer and the other one is quite fine, it seems just BPQ does not
      want to initialize. Any idea? Any difference between the OS's related to
      BPQ32?

      Misko YT7MPB

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic