7572Re: BPQMailChat startup error

  • gsw_mail
    Feb 4, 2012
      Thanks Andre. You are absolutely correct.

      After pulling out quite a few of my remaining hairs I was having a coffee just a few minutes ago and it suddenly occurred to me that "25" and "110" from the error messages are the SMTP and POP ports.

      Configuration changed and problem solved.

      Thanks again.

      Gary S. Wong
      W6GSW
      Emergency Coordinator
      Northeast District, Los Angeles Section
      Amateur Radio Emergency Service
      ARRL-accredited Volunteer Examiner
      Email w6gsw@...

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Andre <pe1rdw@...> wrote:

      > Op 4-2-2012 18:59, gsw_mail schreef:
      > > I operate a VHF Winlink RMS Packet gateway. BPQ32 controls the radio and Telnet port access. No apparent issues there.
      > >
      > > Having just upgraded to BPQ 5.2.4.1, I wanted to experiment with BPQMailChat. Upon launching the program a dialog box pops up displaying the message "bind(25) failed Error 10048".
      > >
      > > Clicking "OK" to clear the error message I configured and began "playing around" with MailChat. Everything appears (to me at least) to be functioning as expected. I can connect to the BBS both manually and using Outpost.
      > >
      > > But every time I start MailChat the error message appears. Is this something to be concerned with, as all seems to be operating properly?
      > >
      > > The computer OS is Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3. TNC is a TNC-X attached by USB.
      > >
      > > Any thoughts are appreciated.
      > >
      > > Thanks and 73.
      > >

      > Sounds like some program is using either port 25, 110 or 119 preventing
      > mailchat from using them, you can set them different in mailchat or turn
      > them off if you don't want to write messages using your email client.
      >
      > 73 Andre PE1RDW

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic