757Re: MSYS Forwarding through BPQ Telnet

  • MIchael Melnik Sr.
    Jun 8, 2007
      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "n9lya" <n9lya@...> wrote:

      Hi Jerry
      I think we spoke by way of George W9GWP, i would be interested in
      seeing the msysfwd.def and the .opt file, i think you are using the
      Null Modem in msys ? I am a bit confused how you are using BPQ for a
      TELNET Connection. If you are able to get BPQ to talk with msys you
      should be able to use the Port configuration in BPQ as well as AXIP,
      something msys really lacked.

      Please by all means send a copy of the .def and .opt file maybe
      there is still hope for the good old realiable msys.

      73-Mike/N9PMO
      > Hi Mike..
      >
      > Jerry here N9LYA
      > I think we spoke before.. I recognize the call.. Getting old and
      > grey.. Memory not what it used to be.. Only 44 and suffer from "old
      > Timers" lol.. No Offense to anyone..
      >
      > MSYS will do TELNET connects and forwarding.. Its in the manual for
      > V1.18 Just enough info it took me several days to work it out..
      >
      > Example..
      > You set DR to the call and port that the BPQ PC is running on and
      have
      > it connected to the INEt and no problem.. When I inherited the job
      of
      > SYSOP of W9QYQ they forwarded with K9iu over 9600 Baud 440... Well
      > K9IU went off air.. I was in need of bulls.. For short time til I
      got
      > our HF ports installed I used my station at home.. To forward mail
      in
      > both directions with another ham with the above setup.. I did not
      > setup the BPQ side as I had no knowledge of it.. (Still not got a
      > lot).. But I did setup the MSYS Side..
      > I can supply msysfwd.def entries that will work.. Or at least did
      > using BPQ DOS.. 4.08 I think.. But I have no idea how to do the BPQ
      > side of the internet connection..
      >
      > 73 Jerry N9LYA
      >

      > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "MIchael Melnik Sr." <m.melnik@>
      wrote:

      > > Karl
      > > MSYS has a Null Modem that can be used to network two Computers
      > > togeather, I have never used it, there is some infomarmation on
      > > how to use it in the Whats new 119 version.
      > > Some have used a SLIP as well, the one problem is MSYS won't
      > > support the TELNET CMD in the FWD.DEF file, so you may be able
      > > to receive bulletins but not send by TELNET.
      > > You may want to consider upgrading to a TELNET Compatable BBS
      Program.
      > > In the Files section on this reflector I have placed the setup
      and
      > > instruction for WINFBB 7.01Alpha Very easy to set up.
      > >
      > > Mike/N9PMO
      > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Karl" <kgoebel@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Wonder if any one out there has tried this. If so some general
      > > > pointers would be appreciated.
      > > >
      > > > First a description of the station.
      > > >
      > > > One PC is dedicated to running MSYS under DOS. Only reason I
      do is
      > > > because for start up and trouble shooting etc I can keep the
      BBS
      > > > running without bringing it down all the time. MSYS runs fine
      and
      > > > forwards just fine on HF and VHF as well as over a serial port
      to my
      > > > DXCluster
      > > >
      > > > On a second PC I am running BPQ32 along with DxNet. BPQ32 has
      one
      > > > port set aside for Telnet purposes. By using the No-IP
      suggestion
      > > that
      > > > Ron has made I get around the static IP address problems
      associated
      > > > with trying to run a telnet session. Telnet sessions connect
      > > BPQ32
      > > > switch just fine
      > > >
      > > > So thats the background. Here is the issue.
      > > > Another station wishes to send bulletins via a telnet session
      from
      > > > MSYS to me. Would he have to be running BPQ32 as well or any
      idea
      > > on
      > > > how to write a script to use with MSYS to access the telnet.
      Access
      > > > to the telnet session is Username, Password, Port.
      > > >
      > > > Any suggestions would be helpful
      > > >
      > > > Karl

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic