7562Re: BPQ32 APRS & Wx Station

  • kenneth
    Feb 2, 2012
      Hi Duncan & All
      running the Bpqaprs digi under your own call it has to be attended.
      (max unattended time limit away from the home is 30 minutes)over that it has to be closed down.
      using your mb7 call with ssid running unattended as per the terms of your NOV covers you on Bpqaprs (144.800)
      i use MB7UFO for normal Aprs 144.800 & igate,MB7UFO-8 with Bpqaprs
      digi.MB7UFO-QZ is the WHO-RU Aprs Qrz server, MB7UFO-CQ is the Aprs Cqserver.

      73 de Ken g7vja
      sysop mb7ufo & gb7cow

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Duncan Bray <g4mki@...> wrote:

      > Noting Randy's comment:
      > That is precisely why there is far greater restriction on what amateurs can do in the UK.
      > To run an Igate in  the UK you must have a Notice of Variation to your main licence in order to port internet traffic to RF and vice versa.. The NoV stipulates  the frequency of operation 144.800Mhz for unattended APRS operation, and the permitted erp.
      > My station, MB7UEK  can only operate an Igate porting to RF on 144.800MHz, it incidentally raises
      > the question as to whether I should use my Class A call, G4MKI on BPQAprs or my Igate call MB7UEK...time will tell.....
      > 73
      > Duncan G4MKI/MB7UEK

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic