      The only thing you might have to worry about is if someone misconfigured an igate and set it to gate everything from internet to rf but their PA will burn down in a few days if they did and I doubt bpqaprs can be set to reverse gate everything.

      You are better off putting energy into sepparating laps from eachother and from the internode trafic, I remember something about there being a dedicated section in the 1.5 meter band specialy for node interlinking.

      73 Andre PE1RDW
      Op 1-2-2012 20:12, K.O. Higgs schreef:
      Yep, I worry about having to deal with that mess too.

      K.O. n0kfq

      On 2/1/2012 12:55 PM, Randy wrote:

      I hope the aprs type messages don't start apearing on the let's say normal packet freq's
      that would destroy a packet node system. with all the beaconing going out.I think would be great if for sure kept on the APRS Freq.
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: W6IDS
      Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 12:18 PM
      Subject: Re: [BPQ32] BPQ32 APRS & Wx Station

      Jeez. . . .every once in a while it becomes apparent the extent of involvement
      you have with some of this stuff, m'man.
      I've got the BPQ APRS thingie working.  Map looks great, lots of activity.  I change
      the filter to 80 miles I think it says.
      APRS Messages window has a provision for what appears to be a simple, single line messaging
      editor.  Do I use that for simple "Howdy" messages to a station now, as is, or do I need wait to
      have another VHF radio  connected through an interface like RigBlaster and tuned to 144.390 first?

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic