      From: W6IDS
      Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 12:18 PM
      Subject: Re: [BPQ32] BPQ32 APRS & Wx Station

      Jeez. . . .every once in a while it becomes apparent the extent of involvement
      you have with some of this stuff, m'man.

      I've got the BPQ APRS thingie working.  Map looks great, lots of activity.  I change
      the filter to 80 miles I think it says.

      APRS Messages window has a provision for what appears to be a simple, single line messaging
      editor.  Do I use that for simple "Howdy" messages to a station now, as is, or do I need wait to
      have another VHF radio  connected through an interface like RigBlaster and tuned to 144.390 first?