746Re: Problems With Telpac

  • abertheaume
    May 13, 2007
      Hi Clint,
      Harmen is on the right track with this with his suggestion of
      ApplMask configuration.

      Here, I have a BBS as Appl1 and Telpac as Appl4 and both applications
      are configured to use AGW. Using the guidelines provided in the
      BPQCFG.txt file..
      <snip>

      AGWtoBPQ.exe includes an 'Applications Mask' created from the
      position of
      ; the 'application' in the APPLICATIONS= string. The mask is formed
      from the
      ; sum of the numbers 1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128. Thus in this configuraton
      the
      ; applications occupy positions 1 and 4, with associated masks of 1
      and 8,
      ; which added together equal 9. Thus when using the AGWtoBPQ
      interface the
      ; 'Appl Mask' must be entered as 9.
      <end>

      So, I have a BBS as App1 = 1
      I have Telpac as App4 = 8
      -----------------------------
      The sum of the values =9, and therefore, I set my ApplMask to 9
      in the AGWtoBPQ config.

      Now, if you have..

      BBS as App1, value is 1
      Telpac as App4, value is 8
      Dx as App5 value is 16
      ----------------------------
      Sum of values is =25

      This is of course if you have all three applications configured to
      use AGW. If you are not using AGW with your BBS, then subtract 1.
      If your are not using AGW for your DX application, then subtract 16.
      the value of 25 is derived if all three applications are using AGW.

      If I managed to confuse you last night, I am certain I did a better
      job of it tonight!

      Art, N9ZZK

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "cprealm" <clint.parrish@...> wrote:

      > Some additional information...
      >
      > I am running AGWPE with AGWtoBPQ because I can't get Winpack to run
      on
      > AGWtoBPQ alone.
      >
      > I have tried everyone's suggestions including setting applmask to
      0x8
      > and rearranging the order of applications in the config file.
      >
      > The strange thing is, I can get TELPAC to work when it is set as
      > application 5. But the Spider DX cluster, set as application 4,
      will
      > not run. I get the same "Sorry, all DX ports..." message. But
      when I
      > switch the application order, DX will run but not TELPAC.
      >
      > Also, TELPAC stops responding through BPQ after a while. It won't
      let
      > me disconnect using the "bye" command. Same with DX Spider.
      >
      > Any help would be appreciated.
      >
      > Clint
      >

      > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Art Bertheaume <abertheaume@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Mark,
      > > Clint did not state that he is running AGW along with BPQ
      and
      > he did state he has AGWtoBPQ on port 8001. The deffault port on set
      > up for Telpac is 8000. I didn't assume he was running both
      > applications and it can't hurt to have Telpac pointed to 8001 if
      that
      > is what AGWtoBPQ is on. But after more thought, Clint either
      changed
      > Telpac to 8001 or he is running AGW also, Otherwise, Telpac would
      not
      > have initialized to begin with.
      > > Mark Harloff <mharloff@> wrote:
      > > Art,
      > >
      > > I am confused (as well as Clint may be)..
      > >
      > > Why would a change need to be made from 8000 to any other the UDP
      port
      > > for the interface between AGW and BPQ on the same machine..(I
      assume he
      > > is running Both applications on the same machine)..?
      > >
      > > Am I missing something here ?
      > >
      > > - Mark
      > >
      > > abertheaume wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Clint,
      > > > One suggestion... Are you running AGW along with BPQ? If not,
      make
      > > > sure the AGW port in Telpac is set to 8001 also. Even if you do
      > > > have AGW running, try changiing the Telpac port regardless and
      see
      > > > if that makes a difference.
      > > > Art, N9ZZK
      > > >
      > > > -- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>,