6721Re: [BPQ32] New install of BPQ: mailchat problems

  • Jim Kusznir
    Oct 1, 2011
      Sorry that wasn't clear, but I was NOT running RMS Express and BPQ at the same time.  I just couldn't get the Winmor TNC to start on its own.

      I did download a winmor TNC zip, I thought from your site, but I only got 2 files inside, the .exe and a readme.  I'll try another archive of it and look for more files, thanks!

      On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 3:55 PM, Ken Jacobs <kd6pgi@...> wrote:

      Hi Jim,

      You cannot run RMS Express at the same time as you run Winmor TNC for BPQ. They may be sharing the same port number, so RMS Express will conflict with BPQ trying to use that port. You are best to go download the WINMOR TNC from the Winmor yahoo group. Extract that to a Winmor TNC folder in BPQ. You may want to change the default port number of Winmor TNC for BPQ so that if RMS Express is started, it does not conflict with the winmor running on BPQ.

      Hope that gets you moving forward again....

      Ken KD6PGI

      On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 2:50 PM, Jim Kusznir <jkusznir@...> wrote:

      I've now managed to get a decent set of basic functionality running.

      I can send and receive messages via RMS or peer to peer with airmail users. I think I got this pretty well working / figured out.

      My issue presently is with the winmor stuff.  I've got RMS Express installed, and its able to start the winmor TNC and things look all ok with it.  However, when I configured bpq to do winmor, it tries to start it; I do get the winmor connection monitor window pop up, but I also get a nice "windows error reporting" message about the winmor TNC.  If I double-click the TNC myself, I also get that.  yet, RMS express works.  I tried copying the exact TNC from rms express over to the winmor folder in bpq, but no luck.

      Is there some magic / is this a known issue?

      On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Jim Kusznir <jkusznir@...> wrote:
      That was in fact my issue, thanks!

      On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 12:03 PM, John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

      You need to go through each tab in the main config dialog, and save it, even if you haven’t made any changes to that tab.

      John G8BPQ