6605Re: [BPQ32] Re: ARRL/TAPR DCC Forum Schedule, Banquet Speaker & Sunday Seminar Announced

  • DEC
    Sep 3, 2011
      This is more informative than some posts I see on here lately. Also has about as much to do with BPQ as some. No offense but sometimes I think this is the winmore reflector. You should try to make one of these. You may learn something as they are always informative.

      73
      Dave n4zkf

      On Sep 3, 2011, at 8:16 AM, "Jeff - WA4ZKO" <wa4zko@...> wrote:

      So is this going to be weekly spam?

      73
      Jeff
      WA4ZKO

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Mark Thompson <wb9qzb_groups@...> wrote:

      > The 30th Annual
      > ARRL and TAPR Digital Communications Conference
      > September 16-18, 2011 - Baltimore, MD
      > http://www.tapr.org/dcc
      >
      > Update September 2, 2011
      > The speakers schedule is posted to the DCC web site at www.tapr.org/pdf/DCC_2011_Schedule.pdf
      >      - A full schedule of paper presentations and invited speakers.
      >
      > Sunday Seminar Topic announced - see below
      >  There is Something for Everyone!!
      >

      > Introductory Talks (Saturday)
      >
      >     Introduction to Digital Data Modes - George Heron, N2APB
      >      Introduction to Digital Voice - Mel Whitten, K0PFX
      >      Introduction to D-STAR Digital Voice & Data - Mark Braunstein, WA4KFZ
      >      Introduction to APRS - Bob Bruninga, WB4APR
      >

      > Main Session Talks (Friday and Saturday) See speakers schedule posted at www.tapr.org/pdf/DCC_2011_Schedule.pdf
      >
      > Sunday Seminar
      >
      >      Universal Ham Radio Connectivity by Callsign Workshop - Bob Bruninga, WB4APR
      >
      >      With Today's proliferation of wireless electronic devices, we need a transparent means of providing end-to-end ham radio connectivity for both text and voice to any ham anywhere using any device and only his callsign for addressing.  Our callsigns are unique in the world.  We should be able to use them for placing a call or text using any system in real time.  The goal of this workshop is to look at the handful of VOIP and more than 26 different text messaging systems in Ham radio and see where we can provide transparent connectivity.  We invite experts on all systems to participate and share ideas towards this goal.
      >

      > Demonstration Room
      >
      >      Be sure to bring your projects to show in the demo room. Even if you are not speaking. Each year at the DCC a separate (and lockable) room is provided for people to bring and show off their latest projects. Tables and power will be provided. Bring your equipment and display for all to see, learn, and ask questions about. Be sure to bring a small sign and/or flyer naming and describing your project.
      >

      > Saturday Night Banquet Speaker
      >
      > The Village TELCO - David Rowe, VK5DGR
      >
      > There are now billions of mobile phones all
      > over the world. However in many developing countries, mobile phones are simply too expensive to use. For example, in a country where people earn $1.50/day, a phone call can cost 21 cents/minute. This is a huge tax on communications.
      >
      > David Rowe, VK5DGR, will describe how a community
      > of people from around the world set out to fix this problem, using a mix of Wi-Fi and open source
      > software. The result is the Village Telco - a DIY telephone company that anyone can set up.

> [...]

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic