5997Re: [BPQ32] Re: Still looking for RP station

  • DEC
    Apr 30, 2011
      It's a simple reject and "poof" no longer an issue.

      On Apr 30, 2011, at 4:39 PM, "Jeff - WA4ZKO" <wa4zko@...> wrote:

      "That's also a problem with internet forwarding, the end user thinks
      it's all done via the net so he doesn't see a problem with posting 500K worth of 7plus."

      Amen! ;-)

      I think some don't realize every bulletin they send does not have to be @WW ;-)

      My stance? It's not just msg size over RF (HF in particular) issues, I'm not going to take the time to combine the incoming 7+ stuff to make sure it's legal content for RF. Music and pictures could easily be problematic content wise. Thus I choose to filter all the 7+ stuff off and gather many others do the same.

      73
      Jeff
      WA4ZKO

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "bolt637" <stevenstimpson581@...> wrote:

      > I will try your callsign on 40 meters robust. Thanks for
      > posting the log, that was really cool. It looks like I am
      > rejecting everything, I usually don't but some
      > guy posted over 50 bulletins to @WW
      > containing song lyrics in a foreign language. That's
      > also a problem with internet forwarding, the end user thinks
      > it's all done via the net so he doesn't see a problem
      > with posting 500K worth of 7plus.
      >

      > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff - WA4ZKO" <wa4zko@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Steven, when I'm up in New England I usually find I have two windows for 40m connects back home. Around 5-6am or wait till the late afternoon/evening. I usually have the best luck in the early evening.
      > >
      > > Glad to see you're enjoying RP ;-) Will have my portable RP station going next week, so I'll have a lot more RP testing flexibility.
      > >
      > > 73
      > > Jeff
      > > WA4ZKO
      > >
      > > Checked my logs, see bits-n-pieces of you in there over the last few days:

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic