      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of marc_pd4u
      Sent: 01 April 2011 15:24
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BPQ32] missing alias in nodeslist - was: routing incorrect

      John,

      Probably related to this, since they seem to occur simultaniously. I often notice that some stations are missing their alias in the nodeslist. Like for instance at the moment of writing XnYSM:PI1YSM-10 is listed as merely PI1YSM-10 on Sergej's UT1HZM-5's nodeslist. Some other stations are missing their alias too.

      When I see this I can be sure that the link to Sergej fails and that some XNet servers have "taken over" the routing path. As said: restarting the node solves this connectivity problem and missing alias problem. And the common denominator in both problems is XNet node...

      One last remark. I had links to Xnet nodes (VE2PKT and PI1DXC) and then this problem never occurred. It started when I openend an AX/UDP link to PI1YSM-10 that is a XNet node. Not necessarily putting the blame there, nor on XNet nodes, but on the inter operation between BPQ and (some) XNet nodes.

      Marc

      > Marc,

      XNET stations generate stupidly high quality values for AX/UDP NETROM

      connections. This is due to the algorithm used to convert INP3 Round Trip
      > times to NETROM qualities - it is fine for radio links with an RTT
      of
      > several seconds, but gives values over 250 for subsecond
      links.

      > The best solution is to run INP3 on all links from BPQ32
      to XNET, and other
      > software that insists on using INP3. BPQ32 will then
      use the INP3 round trip
      > times, and ignore the spurious NETROM
      qualities.

      > To enable INP3, you need to lock a route to the
      staion, with the quality set
      > very low (but not zero) and the INP3 Flag
      Set, eg

      > PI1YSM-10,1,P,0,0,0,1 where P is the AXIP port
      number.

      [BPQ32] routing incorrect

      > Hi
      all,

      > I have an AX/UDP link to UT1HZM-5. And UT1HZM-5 only has
      AX/UDP links to me
      > and VK2DOT. But I have several links to XNet servers:
      PI1YSM-10 and VE2PKT.

      > Now what happens: after a while I can't
      connect to UT1HZM-5 anymore,
      > although he is in my routin list ánd is
      active, because the routing is
      > directed to PI1YSM-10 (i.e. a XNet
      station). When i connect to PI1YSM-10 and
      > give the command "n ut1hzm-5"
      then PI1YSM responds:

      > Xnet PI1YSM-10}
      > *** route:
      PI1YSM-10 PI1CDR VE2PKT-3 PI8APE-12 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Pi1YSM-10*

      have noticed that XNet servers work faster sometimes and thus a route via
      > XNet stations is often preferred if there are several paths to a
      station.
      > But the "alternative" path is via my server PI8APE-12, so can't
      be a faster
      > connection...
      > So why is Pi1YSM-10 routing to
      UT1HZM-5 first via PI8CDR and VE2PKT instead
      :
      > route: PI1YSM-10 PI8APE-12 UT1HZM-5 PI8APE-12 PI1YSM-10*
      >
      > When I choose "Clear nodes and reread config" all is FB again. But then
      it
      > is necessary to restart my node every 24h or so...

      Marc, PD4U/PI8APE

      href="http://pd4u.dyndns.org">http://pd4u.dyndns.org

      Marc

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic