5568Re: New RMS Express

  • kb1tce
    Mar 9, 2011
      It's been a few days since the compatibility issue with the new RMS Express and BPQ Mail reared its head. I am curious as to whether the root cause is understood and if there's been any headway in terms of a resolution to the issue.

      Having RMS Express access to my BBS is pretty important to some of my users - those who are familiar with Winlink?RMS Express but don't have TNCs or, more important, those who are too far away to connect by VHF packet. For now, of course, everyone is hanging in with older versions of RMS Express.

      I also want to add a note of thanks to Jeff WA4ZKO and Ken KD6PGI for the time that they have spent getting me up and running with BPQ32. Fantastic tool and I think that there will be one, perhaps two more nodes in Maine in the near future.

      Steve, KB1TCE

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Ken Jacobs <kd6pgi@...> wrote:

      > Hi John,
      >
      > I went ahead and downloaded the new RMS Express and can confirm it does
      > not function at all with BPQMail. It does appear that it incorporates a
      > much newer Winmor TNC, though....version 1.3.0.6 which does not appear
      > to be available for download separately. I am now running the new
      > version Winmor TNC at HR.
      >
      > I have no idea what Vic changed in RMS Express, but that is definitely
      > going to goof some folks up.
      >
      > Ken

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic