5551Re: [BPQ32] Re: New RMS Express

  • Ken Jacobs
    Mar 4, 2011
      Hi Ken,

      Not exactly....I downloaded the new RMS Express to test functionality with the BPQMail BBS System. The new RMS Express has changed how it handles connects, thus does not presently work with BPQMail anymore until a solution is found. It will connect in P2P mode, but will not send msgs that way. The Winmor TNC portion is also used for our Winmor port of the BPQ32 Node.

      I did reinstall the newest RMS Express again this morning and it seems okay, so far. I am thinking that last night there may have been telnet issues with the Winlink servers which was causing some problems. This morning it seems fine.

      That said....you should be able to use the new Winmor TNC with the old RMS Express. After installing the new RMS Express....copy the Winmor TNC.exe file to another directory. Uninstall the new RMS Express and install the older version RMS Express. Then copy the Winmor TNC.exe file back into the RMS Express directory over the top of the other one. Now it should run a new Winmor TNC with and older RMS Express.

      Ken KD6PGI

      On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 11:04 AM, Kenneth G. Gordon <kgordon2006@...> wrote:

      On 3 Mar 2011 at 22:08, Ken Jacobs wrote:

      > After only a very short test session....I am removing the newest RMS
      > Express release from my system....LOL. I am seeing some major
      > instability issues (at least on my system), which I never saw with the
      > previous version. Will continue to keep an eye on the newer Winmor
      > TNC.....
      >
      > Ken

      Ken:

      Am I reading this wrong, or are you managing to use the NEW WINMOR
      TNC, with the OLD RMS Ex? If so , how?

      Ken W7EKB

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic