550Monitoring with FBB (was RE: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ Documentation)

  • abertheaume
    Oct 12, 2006
      Hi John and thank you for the clarification on this.
      You back at port now?
      I did fire up the BPQ Terminal.exe program and it does exactly
      what I have been using AGW Term for. One thing I like with AGW Term
      is the ability to toggle monitoring on or off on the types of
      frames, ie:supervisory, unproto,my transmit. I know you have alot
      on your plate but perhaps this could be something implemented in a
      future release.
      And always, thank you for the great product at an exceptional
      price!
      73
      Art, N9ZZK
      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Folks,
      >
      > I thing there may be some confusion here. Message 451 and 478
      refer to
      > running 16 bit, and the old 32 bit versions of FBB using a
      modified DEDHOST
      > interface. There still is a problem with monitoring in FBB with
      this setup.
      > There was also a problem of monitoring with the 32 bit version
      7.01.35. This
      > is fixed with the replacement bpq.dll that I released. I hope to
      have a
      > solution to the DEDHOST problem soon.
      >
      > Regards,

      Behalf Of Mark
      > Harloff
      > Sent: 11 October 2006 22:15
      > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ Documentation
      >

      > The new DLL works fine Art.
      > Also, the latest BPQ Terminal will montior All (BPQ32) ports fine.
      > - Mark K2CAN
      >
      > abertheaume wrote:
      > >

      > > Hi Dave,
      > > I haven't tried Johns DLL but I do remember seeing a post about
      > > monitoring the UI's. John was going to look into it once the sea
      > > turns ugly. I did a little more back tracking and am curious if
      > > you tried using BPQ TERMINAL for monitoring he mentioned in post
      > > #478?
      > >
      > > Here I am using a 16 bit version of FBB with AGW. I do the
      > > monitoring via AGW Terminal and am using BPQ32 for the networking
      > > aspect of things.. Just for the record, I see no excessive
      taxing of
      > > the CPU at all using this combo and I am running several other
      apps
      > > along with it, all on a P3 500MHz processor running OS W98SE. And
      > > since it is a 24/7 operation, putting into kiss is just a one
      time
      > > affair unless there is a power loss or something.
      > > N9ZZK
      > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> com
      > <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>, "David
      > > Calder" <n4zkf@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > But keep in mind, if you like to see the "UI" packets of what
      is
      > > going on with the frequencies
      > > > your FBB is on thru FBB. You can no longer monitor those using
      the
      > > combination below.
      > > >
      > > > This is why I went back to the 16 version.
      > > >
      > > > 73 Dave
      > > > n4zkf

      10/10/2006

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic