495Re: Trouble with "Real" Port

  • Robert
    Jul 9, 2006
      I have a WinXP box, but it sometimes gets messed up for some reason.
      Also, I'm cheap and electricity is expensive around here...we had a
      22% rate hike in January. I really don't want to keep a machine
      running just to have BPQ. But maybe I'll change my mind.

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Gary - N3JPU" <n3jpu@...> wrote:

      > I could never get BPQTNC2 to work under Win98 so moved that portion
      off to a
      > Win2K or XP box and it works well connecting via Winlink's packet port.
      >
      > Gary Mitchelson
      > N3JPU Montgomery Co. MD FM19
      > USAF MARS and SHARES: AFA1PU/AFF1MD/AFF1M
      > MD/DC State MARS Director
      > http://www.mitchelson.org/

      KISS mode
      > for the VHF TNC, and port 2 for the HF TNC, and port 3 for the scanner
      > interface to the radio.
      >
      > There is no port 4, and ports 5 and 6 on are a PCI expansion card,
      and both
      > ports are connected via a null modem cable.
      >
      > I define port 5 as a "Real" port in BPQTNC32, and then I set Winlink
      to use
      > port6.
      >
      > Seems to be halfway working. Characters are getting dropped. This
      seems to
      > be the only problem I am having. I have tried lowering the FIFO
      buffer, and
      > I have also tried lower baud rates.
      >

      > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Gary - N3JPU" <n3jpu@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Up until the May beta release there was an issue with TNC2 that
      > dropped data
      > > on the serial port. I am using BPQ32 with Winlink Classic just fine
      > > now, however my BPQ32 is not running on the Win98 box that Winlink is,
      > it's on a
      > > Win2000 box connected via real serial ports.

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic