491Re: Trouble with "Real" Port

  • Robert
    Jul 8, 2006
      I am running everything on on win98 box. I have serial port 1 in KISS
      mode for the VHF TNC, and port 2 for the HF TNC, and port 3 for the
      scanner interface to the radio.

      There is no port 4, and ports 5 and 6 on are a PCI expansion card, and
      both ports are connected via a null modem cable.

      I define port 5 as a "Real" port in BPQTNC32, and then I set Winlink
      to use port6.

      Seems to be halfway working. Characters are getting dropped. This
      seems to be the only problem I am having. I have tried lowering the
      FIFO buffer, and I have also tried lower baud rates.

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Gary - N3JPU" <n3jpu@...> wrote:

      > Up until the May beta release there was an issue with TNC2 that
      dropped data
      > on the serial port. I am using BPQ32 with Winlink Classic just fine now,
      > however my BPQ32 is not running on the Win98 box that Winlink is,
      it's on a
      > Win2000 box connected via real serial ports.
      >
      > Gary Mitchelson
      > N3JPU Montgomery Co. MD FM19
      > USAF MARS and SHARES: AFA1PU/AFF1MD/AFF1M
      > MD/DC State MARS Director
      > http://www.mitchelson.org/

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic