4794Re: BPQ 12/20 BPQMailChat fails - reinstall old is an option.

  • Jeff - WA4ZKO
    Jan 3, 2011
      Ron

      Now that you've ran the older version, you might try installing the new version again and see if it takes off. That worked for me...along with leaving me with some head scratchin' on what the heck is going on.

      I didn't install the full BPQ32/BMC 12082010 install, just used a BPQMailChat.exe (v1.0.4.25) from a system I hadn't upgraded yet.

      John can probably elaborate on this, but I doubt it's good idea to get your node version and BMC version too far out of sync?

      In the case I've seen, BPQMaiChat will try to load in, IMMEDIATELY throw an error around the time I think it's parsing the message/user db's and it's game over. I had to shut the entire node down and retry things as it (BMC) was staying "stuck" in the BPQ32 systray icon.

      I'm also suspect (but haven't tested) that going into Control Panel, Regional & Language Settings, Customize, Date, and change Short Date Format to use MM/DD/YYYY might be a fix/workaround.

      I'm going to try and test the above theory here later this morning.

      Looking like it's pretty intermittent regarding what systems the glitch will strike. From Ken's (KD6PGI) posting...I don't think Outpost 2.5 is the culprit.

      73
      Jeff
      WA4ZKO

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "n5in_ron" <ron_n5in@...> wrote:

      > I should have said..get the prior installer BPQ32_4.10p_20101208.exe in the files section of this group.
      >
      > Ron
      >
      > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "n5in_ron" <ron_n5in@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I returned to the office and found that my BPQMailChat 1.0.4.28 had failed. I am not running RMS or Outpost or any such thing.
      > >
      > > I restarted it and it failed again promptly.
      > >
      > > I have reinstalled BPQ32_4.10p_20101208.exe and so far it appears to be OK. The installer was been designed to allow you to return to an earlier release, I have never had to use this feature but from the looks of it it works (going backwards I mean)! You don't have to set any special option for 'go back', it just happens. You will have to select the BPQMailChat choice...it can't read you mind (yet)!
      > >
      > > There well could be other problems, so I would say going back may result in other issues, but for the moment it looks promising.
      > >
      > > Ron, AE5E (ex N5IN)
      > >

      > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Ken Jacobs <kd6pgi@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi Jeff,
      > > >
      > > > Interesting....I have been running Outpost (v2.5 c014) since it came out
      > > > with no problems. I am running XP Pro here and all seems well. In fact,
      > > > I have lately been testing Outpost (v2.5 c016) for Jim, which
      > > > incorporates the SP to multiple address feature of BPQMail and it
      > > > appears to work fine. Will keep an eye on it, though....
      > > >
      > > > Ken KD6PGI
      > > > Hood River County ARES

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic