Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

4777Re: [BPQ32] Re: RMS Packet

Expand Messages
  • K.O. Higgs
    Dec 31, 2010
    • 0 Attachment
      Checking the RMS Packet channels did the trick.. thank you

      73,  K.O. n0kfq

      On 12/30/2010 10:00 PM, Mike Melnik wrote:
       

      K.O.

      The Base Call should be the same as your WL2K call W/O SSID,
      In the (RMS) Packet Channels Application Must be the same as BPQ32CFG
      APPLXCALL=
      In RMS Packet Channels, The Callsign is with your SSID used for WL2K
      You Must select Each Port one at a time and (Update This Channel) One
      At a time, The last port (Network (L4) Connections) Must be Enabled
      Again Update each port, don't try to Update all the ports at one time.

      Mike-N9PMO
      -----Original Message-----
      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of K.O.
      Higgs
      Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2010 10:47 AM
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [BPQ32] Re: RMS Packet

      John, I just re-checked my "rms packet problem" and find that I STILL have
      the problem.. so, I am back at square one again.

      K.O. n0kfq

      On 12/30/2010 8:47 AM, K.O. Higgs wrote:
      Well, in my situation, my node callsign was n0kfq and my RMS Packet "base
      callsign" was kb0wsa.
      When I changed my node callsign to kb0wsa-6 it fixed it (I think).

      73,  K.O. n0kfq

      On 12/29/2010 10:32 PM, John H. Green wrote:
       

      K.O, what did you find. I have the same problem here - connecting to RMS
      from the node gets 'connected to' and then nothing. Entering a command (lm)
      gets a response from bpq32, not rms.   Connecting from outside the node
      works fine (this connect does come thru the node).
      Thanks
      73  John    wb4moz

      On 12/29/2010 9:51 AM, K.O. Higgs wrote:
       
      Thanks, Jeff, for all that help. I figured out my goof and all is well.
      Happy New Year!

      73,  K.O.

      On 12/29/2010 6:54 AM, Jeff - WA4ZKO wrote:
       
      K.O.

      Did it just start acting up w/ the new version? I've seen an ID bug w/
      2.1.0.3 and my HF port I went back to v2.0.1.0 and things work fine. I
      haven't had the time to test it further.

      Does it do it all the time now or just at times? The Winlink servers (and
      DNS) can be very sluggish at times. The DNS TTL values they use add to the
      problem. There are ways to speed resolution up considerably, but not really
      suited for discussion here or most folks.

      What you are describing sounds like one of two things:

      1. DNS is very slow to resolve the site needed to finish the connection.

      2. The CMS server you're connecting to is running real slow and or things
      are timing out

      There's an RMS Link Test utility you can run for basic connectivity checks.
      It doesn't tell you much beyond than checking to see if something is
      blocking traffic. If things have been working fine till recently I would
      doubt that is the issue unless you've changed a router/firewall.

      73
      Jeff
      WA4ZKO

      No virus found in this message.
      Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
      Version: 10.0.1191 / Virus Database: 1435/3346 - Release Date: 12/29/10

      --

      K.O. Higgs
      n0kfq@...

      No virus found in this message.
      Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
      Version: 10.0.1191 / Virus Database: 1435/3346 - Release Date: 12/29/10

      --

      K.O. Higgs
      n0kfq@...

      --

      K.O. Higgs
      n0kfq@...


      No virus found in this message.
      Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
      Version: 10.0.1191 / Virus Database: 1435/3349 - Release Date: 12/30/10


      -- 
      
      K.O. Higgs 
      n0kfq@...
      
      
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic