Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

4761Re: [BPQ32] Re: RMS Packet

Expand Messages
  • John H. Green
    Dec 29, 2010
    • 0 Attachment

      K.O, what did you find. I have the same problem here - connecting to RMS from the node gets 'connected to' and then nothing. Entering a command (lm) gets a response from bpq32, not rms.   Connecting from outside the node works fine (this connect does come thru the node).
      73  John    wb4moz

      On 12/29/2010 9:51 AM, K.O. Higgs wrote:

      Thanks, Jeff, for all that help. I figured out my goof and all is well. Happy New Year!

      73,  K.O.

      On 12/29/2010 6:54 AM, Jeff - WA4ZKO wrote:



      Did it just start acting up w/ the new version? I've seen an ID bug w/ and my HF port I went back to v2.0.1.0 and things work fine. I haven't had the time to test it further.

      Does it do it all the time now or just at times? The Winlink servers (and DNS) can be very sluggish at times. The DNS TTL values they use add to the problem. There are ways to speed resolution up considerably, but not really suited for discussion here or most folks.

      What you are describing sounds like one of two things:

      1. DNS is very slow to resolve the site needed to finish the connection.

      2. The CMS server you're connecting to is running real slow and or things are timing out

      There's an RMS Link Test utility you can run for basic connectivity checks. It doesn't tell you much beyond than checking to see if something is blocking traffic. If things have been working fine till recently I would doubt that is the issue unless you've changed a router/firewall.


      No virus found in this message.
      Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
      Version: 10.0.1191 / Virus Database: 1435/3346 - Release Date: 12/29/10

      K.O. Higgs 
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic