4740John. HF-map issues. Congrats on achievemenet. Period.

  • la7um
    Dec 25, 2010
      Not knowing any rules or howto's, it is obvious that there would be needed a strict regime for 24/7 commitment of HW as for RMS HF today.

      That said, I have for a long time been in this group and getting more and more impressed by the energy and achievements by John.

      I am sure that John will execute a good administration of the HF issue in close contact with the WDT. This will be mandatory to get future continuous accept for this integration into the well organized WL2K system.

      LA3F has for about 20 years used a BPQ Dos Packet Node installation mixed with, FlexNet, FBB, DxNet, Synapse HF/VHF gateway, and much else, but no internet at that time. 3 Computers at a time back then.
      So I know it isn't immediatley "easy" at the first look.

      Now BPQ(32) is transformed into quite another versatile animal.

      Realizing what John has accomplished the last years I am amazed.
      PERIOD.

      Amongst other I also have been part of many different reflector discussions, sometimes quite "heavy", on and off this and other reflectors.
      It is very interesting, but not at all surprising for me as a third party to observe how serious Johns achievements necessarily must have been evaluated in different forums.

      The obvious, in some for me unknown ways, cooperation between the "New World" and the "Old World " represented by Vic/Rick and John and their special testing partners even across the Atlantic Ocean have already made quite some "small (read big) steps for ham", and are now jumping into some "giant leaps to hamkind".

      I wish the participants and John in particular a Merry Christmas and a happy new year. Future is promising.

      73 de la7um Finn/RMS LA3F,LA3F-5, LA3F-10
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic