4404Re: New to BPQ 32

  • Rick
    Nov 29, 2010
      Hi Bill, newbie here too.. hope to see your site on the map soon. John and Group have helped me setup the BPQ systen here on Cape Cod and I'm enjoying every min of it..Good website,Wow! Like the Mtn Climb to install the packet node.. Wish we had something like that out here..Good luck.. It's been a long time since I've seen any real packet radio activity locally. having the BPQ options to expand to other resources has brought life back to packet radio.. Cheers to John and all the software guru's working to make this happen..can't wait to get home and continue building the new BPQ box..73's Rick..N1RCW.

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "k7mt" <k7mt@...> wrote:

      > Howdy from Bill K7MT Helena, Mt.
      >
      > I am new to BPQ32 and have a couple questions I cannot find an answer in the documentation:
      > 1. Can an RF station connect to a BBS say in Kentucky through my Switch. I notice a nice BBS with AMSAT and ARRL Bulletins so could a RF station connect to my BPQ Switch, then connect to the BBS via the internet and read say Keps to update the Wisp program ???
      >
      > 2. I will have RMS Packet, MailBox, and internet on the switch for now using Kantronics KPC-2 - DVR 2-2 Radio 145.010. When I set this up can i have all three RMS Packet, Internet, local BBS on the one TNC. I don't quite undertand the virtual TNC concept yet but believe that is how I hook up all three to one real tnc ???
      >
      > I look forward to learning and activating my BPQ 32 Switch here in Helena, Mt. with the 3 on 145.010, APRS Igate on 144.390 APRS Plus SA, and SGate ISS NO-44 and the new one when its activated for APRS on 145.800. I am on Solar/batteries 24/7.
      >
      > I used Airmail at McMurdo Station Antarctica the two season I was there on WinLink and this new digital stuff is sure fun....
      >
      > I look forward to fun times.
      >
      > Bill K7MT
      >
      > http://www.k7mt.com Pics of McMurdo Station and the Ham Shack if interested.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic