3968Re: Remote SysOp

  • vk2dot
    Oct 3, 2010
      John,
      RESTART - Will only be used after we update BPQ32.cfg, BPQTelnetServer.cfg or BPQAXIP.cfg, etc - to quickly update BPQ32 [as we do now from the local console. If we are adding other remote software, etc at a later date - then if we have to restart the said software, then we will reboot the remote laptop.

      REBOOT
      - Will be used if we update BPQ32.exe, etc software, or there is a dramatic problem with the remote laptop that requires rebooting.

      The remote laptops [being soak tested at present] are running Windows MicroXP as the operating system; MicroXP runs well on a 233Mhz laptop with 64Mb of memory & 800Mb of mass-storage.
      We also run FileZiller Server as the FTP server. [XRouter has FTP built in - but we have not asked for a FTP server to be incorporated at this time - to not burden you with extra work.]
      We also run StartDelay software to start FileZiller & BPQ32 after the operating system has started.

      The remote nodes are over 100Km away from VK2DOT and not in the precint of each other.  We have never had a problem so far with remote users using the same call-signs as local users for packet applications. [This system has been running for a number of years.]  The users use RF at their remote node & also login locally via telnet.

      Thanks again, Regards rod....///

      > I'll add SYSOP commands to re-read the config and to reboot the computer.
      >
      > Are you just running bpq32.exe on the remote compuuters, or do you need the
      > restart command to run other programs?
      >
      > I don't have any problem doing a reconfig with just bpqterminal running - is
      > anyone else having this problem?
      >
      > I could change the way the command aliases work, but I don't think it is a
      > good idea. You will end up with two stations on the air with the same call
      > and ssid. There is the possibility of a connect being picked up by the wrong
      > station. What do others think of this?

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic