      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of vk2dot
      Sent: 26 September 2010 16:36
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BPQ32] Remote SysOp

      BPQ32 Remote SysOp
      John, another request - We had setup BPQ32 with Win2000 on a few old laptops to replace the remote XRouters.
      The laptops are at their limits of running anything else than Win2000 & BPQ32.
      So to be able to control these remote laptops, could you please [if possible] add the following into the next revision of BPQ32.

      1: To be able to login as a Remote SysOp, possibly via Telnet login [with special tag for Remote SysOp].
      2: Remote SysOp Command of RESTART - to restart BPQ32.
      3: Remote SysOp Command of REBOOT - to reboot the computer.

      We notice on testing, when just running BPQ32 [started by BPQTerminal], That when we try & restart BPQ32 via Console action, that BPQ32 just stops & will not restart.

      Also, I have another little problem -
      All of my remote nodes will have the following applications.

      APPLICATION 1,BPQ,C 10 VK2DOT-1,VK2DOT-5,,
      APPLICATION 2,CHAT,C 10 VK2DOT-7,VK2DOT-6,,
      APPLICATION 3,BBS,C 10 VK2DOT-0,vk2dot-7,,
      APPLICATION 4,FBB,C 10 VK2DOT-2,vk2dot-8,,

      Thus for a remote user, he/she will be able to type C VK2DOT-5 and will be automatically transported from the remote RF port to my VK2DOT-1 Node. [via the AXUDP link]
      At the present moment with XRouter, they type c VK2DOT-1 to goto my VK2DOT-1 BPQ32 Node.
      For consistency, it would be better if users remotely could type C VK2DOT-1 to goto my VK2DOT-1 BPQ32 Node.
      Users also travel down the AXUDP link & also come physically into this area. It would be wise & prudent for them to use the same connect callsigns, when remote & local.
      Wonder if it is possible to change this also in your next BPQ32 revision.

      Regards Rod....///

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic