      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Miroslav Skoric
      Sent: 28 September 2010 20:01
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [BPQ32] Issues with BPQEther port ?

      On 8/28/2010 4:16 PM, John Wiseman wrote:

      > It don't think there are any issues, so long as you are careful with the
      > config. In particular I had a problem with a router/switch when I did'nt
      > have the source mac address set correctly.
      >
      > What problems are you having?

      I found today that my firewall (Sygate Personal Firewall) is the
      obstacle that causes the problem of 'freezing' the ethernet link between
      BPQ 4.08a (or 4.09d) on a DOS machine, and BPQ32 on a Windows machine.
      When the firewall is on (well, always), the ethernet link goes down or
      better to say 'freezes' after a while. I mean, when I activate both ends
      of the ethernet link, the nodes keep exchanging their node-lists,
      beacons etc without problems. When I add some traffic (Eg. forwarding
      between two bbs's running on top of BPQ), everything goes fine but only
      for some few minutes, but soon after the BPQ32 side seems to lose its
      capability to 'hear' the other side of the link and 'freezes' itself
      (sometimes it freezes the whole computer). However, sometimes I still
      get beacons and node-lists from the DOS machine (i see them coming in
      the BPQ32 monitoring window), but BPQ32 seems to be incapable to
      'digest' incoming information and include it to its own node-list, etc.

      When I switch off the firewall and wait half a minute, the frozen link
      'melts' and continues to work. Any suggestion what to do to avoid that
      issue?

      This is my test station:

      _____________ ____________________
      VHF |MS DOS 5 comp| |MS Windows 2000 comp|
      TRX--TNC2--|BPQ4.09d, PZT| --- LAN --- | BPQ32 4.10n, FBB |-- I'net
      YT7M-1 (BPQ) YT7MPB-3 (BPQ32)
      YT7M (PZTBBS) YT7MPB-4 (FBB)

      > Do you have a LAN monitor? - I use Wireshark, and if you install my plugins
      > it will decode bpqether and axip packets.

      I just tested the packets by using Ethereal and noticed that all packets
      between two nodes were of protocol type '08FF' (is that a 'BPQ protocol'?)

      Misko YT7MPB

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic