      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jeff - WA4ZKO
      Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2010 8:07 AM
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BPQ32] Re: RMS Broadcasts

      I could be wrong (and I'm sure I'll be corrected if so), but neither the Pactor or WinMOR protocols support sending UI frames. As such the BPQ switch is smart enough not to send them on a non-packet port. Nodes broadcasts would also fall into this category.

      You may see them on monitor, but they will go nowhere. Both the Pactor and WinMOR TNC components were designed much more towards "connected" mode links used for transfers versus the flexibility of packet links that many of us are used to.

      G8BPQ and others can probably elaborate/correct me if wrong.

      73
      Jeff
      WA4ZKO

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Howard Z" <Howard_Z@...> wrote:

      > hi,
      >
      > I find that RMS Packet can not beacon on BPQ's Pactor nor WINMOR.
      > RMS Packet displays that it is Beaconing on the ports, but I see no PTT on
      the radio.

      > Am I doing something wrong? Or is this how it is supposed to work.
      >
      > Howard

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic